RE: Echoplex and MIDI out

To clarify, I'm going to be syncing EDP to the PX7. A nice feature of the
PX7 that I've not figured out in typical drum machines I've used is that
the tempo is stored with the sequence, so you call up the drum sequence to
use and it's got the tempo I stored with it. For my purposes that's
prefered,
though I'm sure it could be set up to work the other way too.

> > I assume "mute" doesn't cause a song stop message to be
> sent, correct?
> > want to be able to mute my loop and still have the percussion going.
>
> Mute does send a song stop in Loop IV. It didn't in Loop III.

good think the box I bought is still at Loop III in that respect.
Hopefully LoopIII will deliver all the things I need without needing
loopIV.

> I would like to be able to revert to the Loop III behavior
> but I haven't found that to be configurable. Of course, that
> doesn't mean it isn't, it just means I haven't found it.
>
> Anyone else know about this?
>
> Another option is a sync mode on the EDP which sends out time
> sync but does NOT send out song start/stop. So you could
> record your first loop and then start the drum machine by
> hand. Then when you mute, the drum machine will keep playing.

I want to be able to do both. I want to be able to stop everything from the
foot
controller, and I want to be able to mute the EDP and still have the PX7
running.