Mac/PC

Meh... that's what I say to either one. I use PC. It's not perfect. It's
susceptible to viruses and develops new Windows bugs every 6 months or so.
If you get a PC, I'd highly suggest that you keep your music PC off the
internet, or at least save all your audio data to a 2nd hard drive. I
can't
say much about Mac, except about 3/4 of the laptop performers I know use
'em, mostly because Max/MSP has been only available for Mac until recently.

I still prefer the table-core setup of many, many seperate boxes. It's
much
more fun.

Alesis ModFx pedals have just been discontinued, so now they're pretty
darn
affordable online.

Planning a family vacation? Check out the MSN Family Travel guide!
http://dollar.msn.com