Re: Buying a PC Optimized for Audio

On 2004-08-03, at 17.12, Gary Lehmann wrote:

> Hi fellow electronic musicians--
> If you have a budget and want to buy a new machine for (let's say)
> looping,
> aren't there places (one the web?) where you can buy a system, be it
> PC or
> Mac, that is optimized for digital audio?

Macs are as optimized they can be, when it comes to hardware. What you
have to do if you buy one, for audio application, is to make sure you
run it with the appropriate system preference settings.

If you go for a PC you have to make sure you buy one that is put
together with the best components for audio.

> In a related matter, I am considering buying one of those Echo Audio
> PCMCIA
> cards, the Indigo, for use with my ancient HP laptop and Sonar.  They
> are
> cheap http://www.zzounds.com/item--ECHINDIGOIO  Any opinions on this
> piece?

Yes. Everyone I've heard that has bought one loves it. Especially the
I/O model if they are a musician or the one with four outputs if they
are a DJ.

All the best

Per Boysen
---