Re: Defining "pro"

very true never believed it but Behringer does have
some pro products;-)the FCB1010 has proven to be
reliable, and recently i was so impressed with the
sound and price that i just bought their Vintager
AC112 tube amp for 280.-eur which sounds incredible
and a lot better than a lot of expensive boutique tube
amps out there!
(P.S.just dont use its integrated effects)
Luis

> > Just have been searching at a local music store's
> website for the word
> > "pro". 1544 hits. Some examples:
> >
> > * lots of Behringer stuff (I think all the
> rackmount ones)
> > * a few Line6 products (the rackmount ones)
> > * a few Mackie mixers
> > * software (e.g. Logic Pro, Acid Pro)
> > * different headphones (Sennheiser, Beyer,
> Stanton)
> > * turntable pickubs by Ortofon
> > * a lowprice company named SM Pro Audio
> > * a drumstick company named Pro Mark
> > * a supercheap guitar pseudobrand named Pro Arte
> > * a few products by Focusrite
> > * a few products by K&M (stands)
> > * amps by Ampeg
> > * guitars by BC Rich
> > * a cheap mike by Audio Technika
> > * JBL speakers
> > * a Furman power conditioner
> > * speakers by Eminence
> > * interfaces by Marian
> > * entertainer keyboards by Korg
> > * a few preamps by Fishman
> > * PA cabinets by Dynacord
> > * Vestax, Numark and Allen&Heath DJ mixers
> > * a cheap €3k upright
> > * DiMarzio, EMG, Seymour Duncan pickups
> > * harmonicas by Hohner
> > * stuff by Presonus
> > * cheap speakers by Edirol
> > * some in-ear phones by Ultimate Ears

> "rackmount" - I think Behringer
> > took the hint from Line6. For software, "Pro"
> means the same program
> > with more features. Higher quality? I don't think
> so. For many
> > companies, "pro" means targeted at DJs (see
> Allen&Heath, Sennheiser and
> > Beyerdynamic). for some companies, "pro" means
> "cheap stuff with lots of
> > features" (see Focusrite - they have some pro gear
> all right, but it's
> > not called "pro"). For Ampeg, similar to the
> software companies, it
> > seems to mean "lots of features".
> >
> > So we're as wise as before: Some companies never
> call their products
> > "pro", with these, you have a good chance to get
> pro gear (ever seen a
> > Rosetta Pro or SLAM Pro or GML 9500 Pro?). With
> all the others, you
> > never know...
> >
> > Rainer

www.luis-angulo.com