Re: [LOOP] Slimming down the digests

Okay, GREP this.....

----- Original Message -----
From: "mech" <mech@m3ch.net>

> Well, FWIW some of my fondest Internet experiences involve telnetting
>into
> the text-only interfaces of Mindvox and The Well.  This is when a 2400
> baud modem was speedy.  And, the most ironic thing is that through a
>vt100
> term, 2400 baud *is* pretty speedy.  Go figure.

I remember that too. Of course, I was working for HP at the time and I was
able to do that via a T1 connection, but I do remember the text-only,
command driven interface. Our email program at the time was also
text-only.
Things have sure changed. I'm glad. I hated the text-only, command driven
systems. When it comes to computers, I am a blended learner/user -
graphics
+ text.  I need both to keep my interest and motivation up.

>>Better yet, let's become real men and women and get servers in our homes
>>with UNIX on them,
>
> I'm sitting here on a Powerbook running OSX.  This *is* a Unix server.

Well, I was thinking of something that I used to have sitting in my cube
at
HP when I worked in engineering, like an HP9000 series with all the bells
and whisles, about a $9K machine at the time I think, sitting right
between
my legs.  :)   Those machines have chunks of Powerbooks in their stools.

K-