Re: generative music ..was: Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

Yes, a sampler or Ableton live or ... is a solution FOR me.
I was perhaps not clear in my intention (my english is so-so) but the idea
is also to distribute the music in this generative form.
Same idea as Eno with his "generative music 1" album.
You can't ask every listener to have the same sampler or SW that you've
got.

It was the reason why general midi was invented, to give a common
listening
experience.
Here I would like to go a step further so that the sounds are the same,
not
depending of the hardware (crappy soundcard vs $$$ synth).
I guess with the technology we have, DVD, 5.1 and so on it should be
possible to give a new dimension to the listening. CD is aging.
I think a lot of videogames use this concept.

So the idea is to create the "pieces" of the puzzle and a player recompose
the song on the fly. Single notes or small sequences.
But perhaps am I just the only one that feel bored after having listened
5x
to the sames record?

(I just had an idea: a mp3 player connected to a delay pedal: this should
fill the "gaps" between tracks.)

Thanks to all of you for you answers.

Ben