Re: MaxMSP looping -

I think many people are focusing on this as a "programming" language,
which it really "sort of is, can be, but sort of is not, and doesn't
have to be"....one of the many beautiful things about max is that it
goes as deep as you want it to.....which doesn't have to be deep.

I use it as a virtual pedal board/rack that I can change the order of
the effects instantly. I do write my own patches now, but at first, I
used mostly VST with max's venerable vst object. Very easy to host VSTs
(MOBIUS users might like that) with that, but more customizable than
plain hosts. Then one day last november I just started writing
patches....and boom, now I'm addicted. It really is fun and not that
hard on the level I'm at. Admittedly, I'm not writing hipno type
effects.....(which, by the way, I presume you all know that pluggo and
hipno were created with maxMSP (and jitter for hipno)....which shows
how deep you can go).

So now: when I want to add a new timbre....instead of dropping the big
bucks for a new box, I sit down over a pot of tea and write one....or
do a tutorial (they are great) and get an idea from them.

There is also a recent study that says Max/MSP lowers your cholesterol,
triglycerides and prevents Alzheimers's Disease....

wait. I made that part up.

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com