Re: Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages"

On 8 aug 2006, at 16.16, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> So basically the "laptop looping package" would be a system that
> someone experience and knowledgeable would construct and test, and
> then sell as a ready to go looping system.  8< 8< 8< 8< 8<

This is an interesting business idea, but it misses the point -
which is that people do not need ready made laptops as much as they
need the knowledge of how to maintain the machine as the ultra sharp
looper it was delivered as. So I would prefer to charge for my time
instead and spend it with the aspiring laptop looper to make sure he/
she understands the system. Without having done any marketing at all
I'm already hired, here locally, by private students and music
schools for exactly that type of services.

I would not like to sell people computer systems without also
teaching them. But maybe your business model also includes the option
of also becoming "the urgency service engineer"? ;-)D

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)