Re: [LOOP] Re: Attitudes to instruments/loopers (Derek Bailey)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Stephen Goodman wrote:

> And so from such minimalistic beginnings, yada gabba hey.  But in any
>event I
> had to wonder if others using effects, vsts etc had thought of the fact
>that
> one is playing everything in the signal path at times.  Does this only
> involve when one is seeking a deliberate result?

My opinion:
Depends on if you define "playing" as with conscious intent. Everything in
the signal path can affect the output, but whether or not you're mindful
of it is optional.

On reread, I think I'm saying much the same as you just did, only
differently worded. Good question, thanks.

best,
Steve B
Subscape Annex / Phasmatodea
http://www.subscapeannex.com/