Re: MAX/MSP Conversion Complete...

On 30 sep 2006, at 11.54, markfrancombe.com wrote:

> mark francombe
> (who uses NO computers in the making of his music... anymore... and
> is now rosy cheeked and losing weight!!! All you augustas/mobius/
> live type people...

Thanks for a refreshing post! You're right on the spot: computers may
indeed hurt your health... but so may also cello bow playing of
electric guitars ;-)

I would just like to add a note on "Mobius": I have chosen to use it
for the same reason I chose a flute (before more technically complex
instruments like for example a guitar): I simply pick it up and play
it. It's you and the music - no need for tedious adjusting of
parameters or replacing strings that lost intonation etc. But as with
all instruments you need to take some serious time off to set it up
musically, but once that's done you're flying.

The dangerous trap is that you can be fooled to think that because
the looper lives inside a computer you have to set up this looping
rig according to some technical specifications, when you should
rather let your musical aspirations call for the chosen feature set-
up. I kind of agree with Andy that you really don't have to do
something just "because it's possible". Music is about expression and
communication and those areas must be kept for things to get started,
no matter available CPU power or number of plug-ins ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)