Re: Mobius / EDP -Settings

Jeffrey Larson schrieb:
> On Nov 20, 2006, at 6:53 PM, Per Boysen wrote:
> > What I remember from reading the Mobius manual long ago is that Play
> > stops any process right away and kicks Mobius back into just playing
> > back whatever is looping.
>
> Yes.  I had a few requests for a function that just canceled whatever
> mode you were in (Overdub, Insert, Multiply, etc).  without needing
> to remember to press the switch that got you into that mode.  This
> can be handy for LoopCopy since it's easy to forget what mode you
> will end up in (LoopCopy=Sound, we're in Multiply, LoopCopy=Time
> we're in Insert, LoopCopyMode=? we're in anything).
>
> If you don't have many foot switches, this is a good one to leave off.
>
> Dirk, I'm curious, did you look at the FCB-1010 when you were shopping
> for a foot controller?  It is *much* better than the FC-50 for
> controlling a looper with lots of functions.    It is larger, but
> after you've added the 4 external pedals to the FC-50 they're about
> the same size.
>
> Jeff

Hello Jeff,
yes, I looked at the FCB-1010 - and decided to buy the FC-50 for two
reasons:
1) There is no space left on the floor under my keystand. I've just
counted pieces of gear (without the new controller for Mobius) on the
floor - from various Switches over Wah/Volume to a Midi-Basspedal, so I
needed something small and with the ability to connect the expression
pedals in a flexible way - so that they can stand where they just fit in...
2) I wanted something I don't have to program as I often found myself
doing Midi-Troubleshooting rather than playing my instruments. The FC-50
is indeed of a very "static" character. Somehow I have the feeling my
setup is a bit too flexible for me to handle ;-)))

I thought that Mobius would do the flexible part here - and I still
think it does, just reading things about Mobius scripts on the list. For
instance: is Record/Play/Overdub with only one button possible? Or would
I need  a programmable foot controller like the FCB1010 for this? If
this is the case I went in the wrong direction...

Dirk