Re: My Thanksgiving Vacation Project: Building a new looping computer w/Core 2 Duo

On 11/23/06, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, besides this geeky stuff looking quite good, I've found
> another drawback with going software only and that is me loosing
> valuable time into testing and trouble-shooting. When working with
> VSTs (as is the only option under Windows and I need to use Windows
> because of Mobius) you have to test every combination of chaining
> different VST plug-ins because some are badly written and tend to
> crash the system in certain situations.

Good Point. I've actually had pretty good luck, and I haven't had any
crashes yet (my fx chains are probably pretty crude compared to
yours). I've certainly had problems getting plug-ins to talk to each
other, particularly getting everything to sync with my VST host.

One of my main goals with the increased processing power is to get
latency down as far as it can go. And (as you can probably tell) I
just like messing around with this stuff : )
--
Art Simon
simart@null.net