Re: My Thanksgiving Vacation Project: Building a new looping computer w/Core 2 Duo

Well, then, I can't wait until you get a new computer! You'll be set!

> My understanding of Max/MSP is that to really take advantage of that
> system you should stay free from VST plug-ins (heck, it doesn't even
> support AU!) and wire up your patches from scratch by using only Max/
>MSP
> objects.

That's right, but once you create your beautiful MAX/MSP patch, which is
OS/platform neutral, you can build your own VST out of it. That's what I'm
doing now...works great, plus I can share my effects with non-MAX/MSP
users.
I'm finding that a MAX/MSP patch consumes no more or less CPU power than
the
same patch converted to VST and running in my VST host...seems odd, but
that's what my meters show. Creating my own VSTs is really fun. I've been
making them, popping them in Chainer, and then Chainer allows me to map
(in
just a few seconds) any parameter to my two FCB expression pedals....for
example, a stereo ring mod conrollable with the two expresss pedals, or
stereo pitch, etc.

Kris