--- Douglas Baldwin <coyotelk@optonline.net> wrote:

> Doug, you wrote "In the world of electronic chips
> and processors, I own a Boss GT-3. I love it. BUT.
> It has no resonance around the pitch of G.
> Regardless of the patch, it kinda goes limp when I
> play a G. I can feel my guitar resonating, but I
> hear the unit just tossing a wet blanket over the
> note. Explain that one. "

My guitar's going through a Tonelab SE AND a VF-1 and
my g string sounds beautiful.  Chimy and resonent.
Just in case I powered everything up before I wrote
this to check.  Yup.  Sounds great.

Now, I'm using a solid body Steinberger (not the all
carbonfiber ones, but the neck is)  Could your problem
be the mojo of the tree hates the mojo of the silicon?
 Perhaps a gypsy put a curse on you?

but I kid.  There's got to be a scientific reason for
what you're experiencing, but I can't imagine saying,
"Digital" will cover it.  Let's face it, what music
does one listen to these days that doesn't become
digital at some point?  I'd love to hear a recording
of your problem.

I've seen Adrian Belew live with his Line6 modeling
amps and he's got one of the sweetest tones going.  I
really can't imagine it's that.

Mark