Re: EDP woes (debouncing)

>At 09:39 PM 1/7/2007, Bob Weigel wrote:
>>Hmm...radio shack.... I wonder how well the interface debounces?  I
>>don't know the technical aspects of these yet as I haven't had to
>>work on one.  But often on interfaces that aren't software debounced
>
>of course it has debouncing. Are there any mechanical switches that
>don't bounce? I never encountered one... Debouncing switches is a
>pretty basic digital interface requirement. I would be quite
>surprised to find any device with a switch that wasn't debouncing it
>somehow.
>
>kim

in fact there is a resistor/capacitor for HW debounce plus a SW
debounce. They both could be stronger to support worn out switches a
bit longer, but debouncing also slows down the speed of action, which
is far more important for looping than for example for a program
change...
--

          ---> http://www.matthiasgrob.com