Re: OT: Tube vs. DSP Amps, Mid Range Vs. Botique, etc

Quoting Daryl Shawn <highhorse@mhorse.com>:

> In the unbelievably cheap department, I've heard a lot of good
> things about the Epiphone Junior, which is a 5-watt tube amp
> with only a volume control. It comes in a combo with 8" speaker
> for a bit more, but I dig the head cuz it's LESS THAN A HUNDRED
> BUCKS.
> http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEPAEMJRH

I've heard good things about the Epi as well, and keep meaning to grab one
if
only to have a little recording amp around should I need one.  It seems the
little "boutique 5 watt" thing is starting to catch on too.  Fender just
made a
product announcement for this:

    http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2330100000

The Champion 600 is a "5-watt tube amp with a 6&#8221; speaker and... a
higher-gain preamp circuit".

There's also a demo movie from NAMM at:

    http://www.gearwire.com/media/fender-champ-600-wnamm.mov

Looks like it might be a little crunchier than the Epiphone, if that's your
thing.  Little more pricy, though, 'cause Sweetwater's got pre-orders for
$199.

       --m.