RE: AW: AW: looking for looper that syncs to real drums

This is what I frequently do when looping with groups..tho good monitoring
of loopage is still important. As is having a drummer who can trust you to
catch the drift..or even roll with it a bit.
 At the Y2K5 Festival, Bernhard Wagner and I did a couple of improv duets
he on his edp and me with my JamMan...no sync between us. As bits would
drift we had the option of either letting things go and seeing what
developed or forcing a "manual" restart of the loop.  We both opted for a
combination of both options.

Ma

> On 25 maj 2007, at 00.36, Doug Cox wrote:
>
> > I think this is similar to what Per is saying, but I'd encourage
> > you to learn how to "restart" your loops on the RC-50 and try that
> > with your drummer.  So, if a loop starts to drift from where the
> > drummer's beat is - *you* force a restart of the loop exactly on
> > the "1".  If he's reasonably tight (sounds like he is), then he
> > won't have drifted too far from the tempo caught in your loop, and
> > everything will be good again for a while.

Change is good. See what’s different about Windows Live Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/default.html?locale=en-us&ocid=RMT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_changegood_0507