RE: Performance Gestures [was: Re: Laptops]

I once orchestrated an (amateur) musical using Finale.  The performance had
the actors on stage, and a laptop playing the music (using MIDI Maestro).
I needed to keep an eye on things to re-cue the laptop in case of actors
forgetting their lyrics, etc.  So as not to appear to be standing there
doing nothing, I wore a tuxedo T-shirt and "conducted" the laptop with a
chopstick.  I also composed an "orchestra tuning up" snippet to play before
the overture actually got started.