Re: very special floor-based looper

Krispen Hartung wrote:
> But I still have to boot the damn thing up, worry about other common PC
> problems, connect it to the LED display, a decent audio
> interface...that's already far more complicated than plugging into a
> floor looper that you turn on in 1 second and start playing. It's just
> not appealing to me. I would prefer to stay with the laptop over that
> option. Although, the MUSE Receptor, if it could run Mobius would be
> very cool.

With a small USB touchscreen and all readily mounted/connected in a
small rack, floorbox or whatever, nada connection hazzles, except for
the cable between the rack and floor controls (in my case).
No fiddling with lauching apps nessesary, as you'd already have that
configured in a boot profile.

I'm not going to ditch my ADA MP-2, TSR24S and Vortex, but WRT playing
softsynths and doing the looping, drift more and more towards either an
embedded system or a MacIntel Mini with MainStage and a SW looper.

Combined with a Gordius controller, all will be software upgradable,
even with one or two FCB1010's as slaves, as they'll have the original
functional software replaced to function purely as buttons and swells.

--
rgds,
van Sinn