Re: Amp/P.A. Recommendation

> The SWA1501s are real sub woofers that are very even.

Frequency Response 36 Hz–120 Hz according to Mackie
(no +-dB range given)

...so not low enough for a 6 string bass (lowest note 30Hz)

> Incidentally, I have never gotten complaints about my setup with all the
> Mackie speakers.  I don't really push them too hard, admittedly.

Sorry, I probably went overboard on the criticism of the Mackie speakers.
Compared to the average pa speaker I guess they're pretty good.

Actually, I'd be quite keen to hear your setup from the description you
give ;-)

For Michael's diverse frame drums and layered vocals, though , I'd
definitely go for the jbls.

andy butler