Re: film music rights,icensing etc.(OT).

Well, as you keep describing it below, it sounds as your bass player
represented the group as a manager would be representing it. However,
that's moot here since what matters is who actually owns the rights of
the sound recording, legally. Besides the original composer or the
music, also this rights-holder of the sound recording needs to approve
to the piece being used in the movie. There might also be other
persons associated as author of lyrics or responsible for arranging
the music for this version/recording.

per