Vocal & Guitar looping - How can I switch vocal on & off?

Hi, using:

*Digitech JamMan w/ FS1 footswitch
*Acoustic guitar
*SM58 vocal mic

HOW CAN I:

   Loop ONLY GUITAR, so I can GUITAR SOLO/LEAD over the VERSE CHORDS w/o any vocal ?

On the CHORUS, I often want to Loop  guitar AND vocal (which is automatic on JamMan), & harmonize over the chorus vocal.

I did a search for a vocal A/B box, but only found the "Panic Button" (approx. $135 @ Musician's Friend), as regular A/B  or A/B/C boxes are all hi-imped / 1/4" jacks. Is Panic Button the way to go? Any suggestions???

Thanks for any help or suggestions on controlling this or any loosely related strategies that might be interesting.

Mark Young
1,124 Memorized Requestable Songs... 50s, 60s, 70s & Today
Folk, Rock, Pop, Funny, Country, & Originals
www.musicbymark.net / www.myspace.com/somanysongs