Re: OT: selling via iTunes

Os,

If you sign on with CD Baby and opt for their digital distribution
scheme you will get your music on iTunes as well as part of the deal.

Some other independent on-line music sellers may have similar schemes,
but (IMOHO) CD Baby's is the best.

I am not so knowledgeable about Amazon - CD Baby my have a deal with
them too.

My stuff is up there - I can only guess that they (or somebody
associated with) put it there since I didn't.

Independents have it hard.

It is sometimes useful to be part of a label with several artists -
making it easier to make those marketing and distribution connections.

Over the years, being part of Jeff Kaiser's pfMENTUM label has been
very good for me too.

This is certainly not an exhaustive list of your options, but they are
the ones I know about.

Cheers,

Ted

At almost regular intervals down the centuries someone will hit upon an
idea which has some claim to truth. It is then blown up into a system
which is thought to be capable of explaining everything. It is hailed
as a key to unlock every door. In each case the thinkers concerned were
so impressed with their particular insight that they built it into a
more-or-less rigid system which virtually destroyed its original
usefulness. If anything is to be learnt form the history of philosophy,
we should be cautious in embracing one set of philosophical ideas to
the exclusion of all others, and critical in our evaluation of all of
them. Just as no single human being has exhaustive knowledge of the
whole of reality, but may have partial and valid insights into this or
that field of experience, so no philosophy is all-embracing. Its
insights and methods are often tentative and provisional. It may have a
valid apprehension of this or that. Its methods may be fruitful in
exploring certain particular fields. But, if we are wise, we shall be
on our guard against definitive systems and allegedly omnipotent
methods of approach. — Colin Brown, former Dean of Studies at Trinity
College, Bristol, England