Re: OT: selling via iTunes

I have been using CD Baby a lot in the past. They got my stuff up for
digital sale at a lot of music web shops, including Amazon. It seems
CD Baby gives a lot bang for the buck. With mt latest release - the
album I did with Costas http://www.stockholm-athens.com/ - we decided
to try AWAL instead. The difference is that AWAL doesn't take a fee up
front but will keep 15 percent of sales where CD Baby takes a fee
upfront and then keeps 9 percent and that AWAL only works with iTunes
and not with all the others. One reall good thing with AWAL is that
our album was released as an iTunes Plus release right from the
beginning. The Plus level means people can buy it as 256 kbps AAC
which is an audio fidelity that sounds just as CD quality to me. AWAL
is also sending you paper printed reports quarterly, as normal record
labels do. CD Baby doesn't; you simply get an e-mail and money
transfered to your PayPal. I don't know yet, which is best, AWAL or CD
Baby.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen