Re: OT: selling via iTunes

Os yes and old and recent way.  My first record Celtic Journey to The Path (released in 99) I've had on CDBaby for several years so when they got the deal to distribute their artists through iTunes I got to ride.  The deal they take I think a tenth of the .99 ct sale (will need to recheck that as I've forgottten).  For a long story that's more of a personal frustration with CDBaby re another title I've decided to no longer use them beyond this record.  I recently put my newest work Skipping the Light on Tunecore.com which their deal is a rental fee of $19.98 annually to store your audio on their server and they take upfront .99 cents a track plus .99 cents a store that you have them put it in.  After that all income is yours.  THere is a deal through GuitarCenter.com right now that when you register a work with Tunecore at the checkout stage enter the words 'getstarted' and you get 5 stores for free.  I have several other CD's but these are the two I've got in the digital world for sale.  I think Tunecore is probably the way to go but still assessing.  My itunes royalties on CJTOTP have not been great I think @$100 to date as what I do is a niche market but some of that is probably about needing to promo more.

Jim