Re: OT: Hey Loopers< MF is blowing out Mackie SRM 350 p.a.portable PA speakers

I uses the 350s as floor monitors, or side fills. For the bigger stages, I
uses those plus two EV SxA100 powered 12" speakers. I just chain from one
the other, L and R.

I have the RCF powered 12"s for mains, along with two of the Mackie
SWA1501s.   Kick butt system. I used it for my festival this year and it
was
crystal clear, loud, etc.

I love the RCFs, but realistically there is no "dramatic" difference
between
them, the Mackie's, and JBLs. Anyone who has something to gain from
promoting either of these (sales people, people endorsed by them, people
who
already own them and are justifying their purchases after the fact, etc)
will no doubt claim that they sound radically different, which is
expected,
bu not hard data for a sound decision. For most pracitcal contexts, either
is fine in my option. I've never been to a show where these three brands
sounded bad or inferior, so we are really starting to spice hairs and get
into personal preference.

Kris