Re: Do you actually loop with the instrument you are most proficient on? (Re: What would loopers do without power?)

That's a fun approach, Warren.  It certainly lends to great economy of
motion. I agree that it really forces you to expact your chord vocabulary,
and in many cases, create your own voicings, which was what I used to like
to do before I when to the approach I have now.  Theoretically, you should
be able to play any chord (at least with the primary intervals represented
with some implied intervals) in a 4 fret span.  Good singer/song writers,
with a jazz background and  who uses capolls know this. They can stay down
in that root position without using bar chords for a long time!

A while back I got obsessed with using only voicings where I didn't play
the
root or fifth. The first time I used that approach was at a club at a jazz
jam night, and the keyboard player (friend of mine), looked up from his
piano, and had a big smile on his face, like "Hey, you're playing my
voicings dude!"  He could just top playing and kick back. Ever since then,
became of the believe that in a combo setting where you have a bass
player,
the only reason to use traditional chord voiciings with the root and fifth
(or just the root), was my own ignorance of knowing the really hip
substitutions.  That mindset led me to this:
http://www.krispenhartung.com/chords/index.html
These were some of the chords I used that would nearly 100% of the time
make
a jazz keyboard plyaer look up and me and smile.  :)  Great moments in
time
as a axe slinger competing with 10 fingers on keys.

Kris