Re: Looping Strategies

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:25 AM, Zak Kramer <crazyquilt@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a listener, my only concern is: Does it move me? Technical
> facility may impress me initially, but rarely do I keep listening unless
>the
> technique is in service to the music, not vice versa.

I agree with Zak and would appreciate some more musically oriented
posts in this thread.

But mustn't it be understood that the technique always serves the
music? I mean why would someone otherwise bore to make music with
looping devices? I'd love to hear more how people use loopers to
implement certain common musical goals. For example stuff like "making
bass lines", "chord progressions" and "balancing harmony with
disorder". One of the most difficult techniques in looping is to make
the music evolve into orchestration and arrangement quickly enough.
What techniques do people fall back on in order to make the music
interesting listening right from the start?

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)