Re: Loop software with varispeed-thankyou

andy butler schrieb:
> ta, Stefan,
>
> but what I *don't* know is what is the standard response curve for Midi
> PitchBend.

Its linear to pitch, thus exponential to frequency. You define the range
in half steps on your synth usually. Mostly the range is +- a whole
step, but could be any range.

> ...but wonder if that's actually the case, as for a 2 semitone bend a
> linear conversion sounds ok.

linear in frequency would not sound ok, as it would react very different
for moving up versus moving down. But its linear in pitch...

In Max you would utilize mtof and ftom objects to do the conversion.

mtof follows the expression: (440. * exp(.057762265 * ($f1 - 69.)))

for pitchbend you need a conversion to a ratio, which is realted, but
even simpler: exp(0.057762265 * $f1)...
If you bend up an octave you should get a value of 2, if you bend down
an octave you should get a value of 0.5

hope this helps and isn't too much voodoo...

Stefan

--

Les Ondes Mémorielles----x-------