Re: Native Instruments Kore 2 and Komplete

I too like Kontakt very much for designing my own patches. I've
created some nice sounds for the EWI out of samples I recorded with
electric guitar and with my old Oberheim analog synth. The cool thing
with Kontakt is that this sampler also have a lot of sound processing
effects on board and also advanced routing capabilities (you can set
up effects as "insert" or as "send loops", meaning a bunch of effects
can be either chained or put in parallel). All effects within the
sampler can be synchronized (or not) to the main tempo.

I use Kontakt 2.2 now and don't think I will upgrade to 3.0. It seems
you mainly get new sample library patches with that upgrade and I
don't use much library patches. I'm also starting to get bored with
the long loading time in MainStage. This makes it impossible to
quickly swap between different sounds, playing one or two notes of a
line with each sound - a technique I sometimes like to use. So I may
save Kontakt for studio work and go more with software synths in the
future. When playing through MainStage there are a lot of them and
they load in just a blink. I also like CamelAudio's Alchemy.
Especially for its "Remix Pad", a box of eight "pads" each one holding
a snapshot of the synth patch sound. While playing you can jump
between these eight snapshots but also use a continuous X-Y vector pad
controller to seamlessly morph between the eight snapshots. (yep, this
is the background for my recently surfaced "foot fetishism" -
addressing Bill Walker's earlier comment ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen - www.perboysen.com