Re: Live Looping: it pops up everywhere

Mark wrote:
"to play Erdems music to Molina, what would she say... I suspect, that she
would not give 2 hoots to the
quality of recording, but merely sneer.. this is just noise..."

Honestly, Mark, after hanging out with her and her band for two hours and
seeing her three times
I can accurately predict that she would love Erdem's stuff.

She's got a very sophisticated musical palette that incorporates some
noise,  found sound and
some of the best synthesizer programming (that is decidedly out of the
box) in her simple
pop music.

She has as many avant garde sensibilities in her work as someone like, say
Bjork (to mention a
mainstream successful artist who has embraced 'out of the box'
sensibiities.

that's why I love her work so much is that she appeals to all the things I
love musically:
great rhythm (and sophisticated rhythm), avant garde timbral sensibility,
beautiful and
sad harmonic sensibility,  a sense of play without being self concious and
'precious' about it.

I dont' know how many of her CDs you've heard but do yourself a favor and
go listen to
her first two or three.         The latest one is a bit more mainstream
sounding to me and I like it less
(though I still like it).