Re: Presonus problem

I had something happen when I first got mine which may or may not be
the same problem:
Once I had drivers installed, it would work correctly for a certain
amount of time - maybe 5 minutes, maybe an hour. Then suddenly,
playback and recording on my music editing programs would stop
working.

To solve it, I went to Presonus's website and downloaded the latest
drivers for the unit. That seemed to fix the problem.

I still get issues occasionally: If I jiggle the firewire cable or
look at it in a funny way, the unit's soothing blue light will turn
into a dire red light, and it will stop working. Usually this is
resolved by unplugging the unit, reconnecting the unit, rebooting the
computer, bribery, or flagellating my arms wildly like an angry
octopus.

Matt Davignon
www.ribosomemusic.com