Backing Up a Cat (Re: Bidule CPU multi-core support on Mac seems fine now)

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Raul Bonell <raul.bonell@gmail.com> wrote:
> ..but again i have to let go the experimental side and turn on
> ableton's to work in strict timeline with other "regular" player since
> this is what he uses. i mean, he wants me to do everything for him to
> soloing over ... this is me sending live templates & sequences...
> boring approach ...  hope this will change after the former meetings.

Hey - that sounds very exciting! I wish you the best luck and lots of
fun at those two gigs!

I've been dreaming about sometimes backing up a great soloist with
livelooping. Just staying in the background to build open soundscapes
that lets him/her stretch melody lines over several possible chord
vamps. This means being careful with thirds so the soloist can decide
if going for major or minor. Then follow him/her and maybe present a
next step into a parallel key, depending on soloist's direction.
Imagine John Coltrane backed up by a laptop loopist instead of the
usual jazz trio!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se