Re: LD: Your opinions please - Terratec Axon AX 50

Of course it is possible that the pickup wasn't in an optimum
position, I was playing it on a parker, pretty much up tight against
the saddles. I did try it closer to the rear pickup and found the
response worse, not much room for play there in any regards, the rear
pickup is already quite close to the saddles.

The graphtech p/u is pretty simple to install, you do have to drill
holes and route out a cavity in your guitar, but the components all
plug into each other. The only soldering was to connect grounds up to
the pots. I did find one odd behavior, when playing through a roland
vg 8ex, or the vg99 in altered tuning mode. The strat style bridge
had the "ghost" sound of the original note still present but the
wilkinson bridge didn't. I tried all sorts of things to stop
vibrations from bleeding through to the other strings but was totally
unsuccessful in stopping that from happening. It was only when I
changed to the wilkinson bridge that I was able to make more use of
the altered tuning modes.

I've also been told that the new GK 3 pickup works well, but I
haven't tried it yet.

Paul Haslem