Re: New free toys in Mac v10.5

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Sjaak<tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
>>    - New audio unit properties in the Audio Unit framework that let
>audio
>>    units send MIDI data to host applications
>
> Like sending midi clock from a looper au-plugin? That would be great!

Maybe. But I guess that if they had meant MIDI Clock they would have
written MIDI Clock. The reason for my assumption is that MIDI Clock is
not channel dependent and generally more of a global data. I think
that sentence rather refers to plug-ins that can send MIDI as notes or
CC's?

Both sending MIDI Clock and other MIDI data from an AU plug-in has
always been possible by routing it through OS X IAC Bus. The new thing
is that the AU protocol has been upgraded to handle it directly within
the plug-in host. But I can't see anything new here from a  practical
user perspective.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se