Re: OT: Help! Need advice about HP and Firewire Audio.

mark,

Anyway, has anyone had success using recent HP desktop machines with
firewire audio?

I don't have any experience with HP desktop machines, but the HP Pavilion laptop I had recently was the worst laptop I've ever owned. 17" top of the range 'multimedia' model, but Firewire was dreadful (admittedly I was using a TC Konnekt interface which are famously buggy). Ricoh chipset I think. The whole machine fell to bits after a year (and it basically never left my coffee table) ...

Ian