Re: wiki - list of free software for audio

No, I meant the sound worked in virtual machine, but did not work in LiveCD mode. It couldn't recognize neither my build in soundcard, nor the USB external one.

Louigi.

It did work for me in the Virtual machine, but it failed to recognize my E-Mu soundcard though and I do not know the solution for that problem now.

Virtual environments do not directly intereact with hardware, but rather through abstractions, i.e. drivers are part of the virtual layer, meaning you won't be able to directly access your soundcard.

Future developments will see hardware developed for virtualized systems, where not only the OS and virtual layer can do context switches, but also the hardware. Don't wait for this overnight; it's the future..