Re: Samples and looping

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Per Boysen<perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
> The work the record label does

He, he... for the record I would just like to add that all this is a
pretty moot discussion, since "the traditional record industry" is
dead anyway ;-))

Maybe publishing will survive, since it is dealing with the immaterial
sides of music. But music can not easily be divided into "idea" and
"recording" in 2k9, because we have now files that are not copies but
CLONES - actually the same as the original master. It doesn't make
sense to sell recordings of music anymore and the infra structure to
keep track on and compensate for public use of music is falling apart.
Stuff that makes sense to sell is rather channelized distribution of
eclectic material that saves time for the listener. In other words,
the market for music has changed from an industrial mass market into a
jungle of micro markets that each one is so tiny and narrow that only
D-I-Y artists and really small and specialized enterprises can work
within it.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se