Re: Taking VSTs out on the road

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM, phillip wilson <phillwilson@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> the Roland Fantom XR loks super tastey I have heard the samples which
>sound
> great then i have also seen someone load in samples to create their own
> presets via compactflash, which agian is a method and interface i
> like.........then you have the fact its upgradable.
>
> what are peoples feelings on the unit? any one got one...or has anyone
>got
> new advice for stuff i should be hearing and trying now you know what im
> looking for?

I've used Fantom-XR. It's a professional synth module with a good
sound, a built-in sampler to import your own samples, and up to 6
Srx-expension boards for additional rom samples and patches. You can
also edit sounds from your PC via USB. Nothing wrong with it imo.
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/