Re: @Bill, empty loop, or looperlative/EDP trick (composition?)

On Nov 13, 2010, at 11:25 PM, mark francombe wrote:

> Mybe not, but firstly i think its because replace is one of those
> techniques that pretty much shouts "i use a looper as an instrument,
> as opposed to a multi tracker. I believe these are the 2 main types of
> looping. And using replace is a bit of a statement. Your second point
> about a sequencer I think relates more to the nature of LIVE looping,
> and as such sequencers are a bit of a no no, not live us it???

Per picked up on this, but I should perhaps clarify that by sequencers I
meant the old traditional step sequencers. Turn the knobs and adjust the
adjust the note sequence. From an aural standpoint, it's pretty similar to
the replace effect. From a visual standpoint, maybe it is more fun
watching guitar players look at their feet, their fretboards, etc. -- I'm
guilty on that one -- though maybe a really big Tenori-On style instrument
would make for good audience eye-candy.

Mark