Re: inexpensive synth

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> If you want uncompromising sound, get your favorite analog synth.
> For "aggressive, gritty", why not simply a Virus?

<irony>
Well quite, since there is a Virus out there, why bother making
another synth ever again!!! I mean, nothing can ever be different or
better, its just not possible is it, just like music really, its all
been done before hasn't it?
</irony>

FYI, that 2 minutes video sounds nothing like a virus! OK, a few seconds
do...

>If you're looking for an inexpensive solution, get a usb keyboard with
>decent action and some synth so...

What a boring world we live in... thats the solution for everything really.

Yesterday I was watching TV and saw a car advert that had the "James
Bond - Man with the golden gun" stunt in it... I remember when that
film came out, there was a cool buzz at school about how the guy that
did it had got paid 1,000,000 dollars, and that it had all been
calculated precisely, and when the stunt happened in the film, there
was a cheer in the cinema I went to... Yesterday the stunt was (no
doubt) performed by a computer... Yawn... Next... a 3D animated
dancing tea-bag, Next, a talking cockroach!

Can't we have something real occasionally? and leave the computer for
stuff that NOTHING else can do?

...and many MANY pro keyboardists would not risk a laptop, and
software on a tour. I remember My Bloody Valentine huddled around a
sampler in a rack with the manual open, scratching their heads and
that was a hardware sampler!!! With all the headaches that come with
hard-drives, drivers, usb cables, and software just not working, its
gonna be along time before that solution really is viable.

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com