Re: LP2 OR RANG 3

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
> sorry this isn't about macs or pcs.....STANO, you will tell me when
> you switch over to computers for
>
> your playing (then i will join the crowd).....a few of you know my
> level of incompetence when it comes to COMPLEX THINGS,
>
> computers, tying shoes etc.....i have a few xrta $ and not want but
> NEED another looper.....my #1 son stole my rang
>
> after i got my M13 and i want something to replace it, i only have the
> looper in the M13 to work with at present.....
>
> signal chain as of today:  guitar with 2 lines out > M13.....FX SEND
> M13 > alesis air fx > alesis ineko > alesis bitrman >
>
> off to srm 450s.....i know we had this discussion already and i have
> read all the posts but i was wondering if
>
> as of today, does anyone have any new oppinions or other
> suggestions?.....i am also going to get the expression
>
> pedal (s) for the M13.....young bill showed me the beauty of
> this!.....THANK YOU BILL, you are a sweet lad!.....
>
> i thnak you for your cornsideration!.....this just popped into my
> noggin, are there any smallish loopers with FX sends?
I don't know the Rang 3 at all, Michael, but my cursory understanding is
that they are just incredibly different beasts.
The LP2 has lots of slicing and dicing effects (and some very cool 1/2
and 1/4 speed options that are very fun);
it has the ability to store up to 8 loops and load them from an SD card;
it has 30 levels of undo and it has feedback control
with an extra expression pedal......it also has midi in/out for syncing
to other midi devices
It also is a mono unit.

Doesn't the Rang have multiple and simultaneous loops?   Isn't it true
stereo?   Does it have any midi?  Does it store loops?

My impression is that the LP2 is better for mangling and also
synchronizing and the Rang might be better if a
singer songwriter wanted to have one looper.

The LP2 for me is a perfect augmentation if you already have another
looper, especially if it has midi.

Any RANG 3 users out there yet?     Can you help us out with it's
capabilities?

rick walker