Re: Looping with a Netbook?

Per Boysen schrieb:
> Can't tell about the Atom processor but I recently tested my rig on a
> 2.7 GHz i7 processor to compare with my usual 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo.
> Without the figures reading much bigger (2.7 vs 2.2) I was amazed by
> how the i7 would let me load up even more plugins. I mean, the tota
In short:
Core2Duo is a Core microarchitecture - with the "duo" variants all being
2 cores, no hyperthreading.
Core i7 is a Nehalem or Sandy Bridge microarchitecture - with 4 to 10
hyperthreading cores, and various other improvements.

It stands to reason that this will produce much better performance...the
clock speed plays a minor role. In fact, the 2.2 GHz Sandy Brige will
outperform your 2.2 GHz Core2Duo by a factor of about or more than five
(*).

          Rainer

*: given a task, a software and an OS that can make use of the
additional cores and hyperthreading architecture.

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs