Re: Bringing loops in and out with an edp

So, it seems that I've somewhat hit a wall here. What I am wanting to do would be better served by products that don't exist. I know, I know, work with limitations. I can't really do that though, as I'm doing multi-instrumental looping and need control over everything.

It seems like I have to go the software route. This would include selling my edp and buying a newer macbook pro (have an old blackbook), better quality interface (motu ultralite right now), and some other things.

Per, as you pretty happy with your decision to do this? For sound quality purposes, would running the laptop with mobius/sooperlooper be better in the aux of a mixer?

I'm beyond frustrated. I want to use hardware loopers/effects, and have spent the last two months looking for a way to not use my laptop. I think I have to give up that dream though.

Would the lp1 or a few (maybe four) lp2s serve my needs and be somewhat cost efficient?

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
> Does anyone actually use Insert?

No, I never used Insert in concert. But I played around with it to see
if I could find it useful, but making a loop longer by inserting a
part of audio somewhere in it never worked out musically for me. But I
have heard Andre LaFosse use it quite a lot.
http://www.altruistmusic.com/EDP/

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se