Re: Sound vs function

Quoting marcus kirby <marcusloops@gmail.com>:
Something like pure data looks amazing for effects, and ableton makes
perfect sense for looping. The ability throw various effects on a
particular
loop, then fade that in/out with one command really entices me.
BUT: Computer-processed music always seems to always have a low-end sheen
it.

Hi Marcus,

Well, I have never used Pure Data however one of the members of the electro-music community is presenting a "Pure Data" workshop/demo on Saturday, July 23 at the Kansas City Regional Electro-music festival:

http://kevinkissinger.com/kcregionalem2011.shtml

Since we will stream the festival (at radio.electro-music.com) you might want to check out the demo and even submit questions/comments in the chatroom.

Of course, if you are in the area -- just drop by!

-- Kevin