Re: Re: OT Re: RIP Steve Jobs... What if he had never been?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, todd reynolds wrote:
I hope, when Bill Gates dies, and he most certainly will, that he'll be memorialized for all the money he's used to make the life a little better for those who struggle. It is indeed in ways that Steve Jobs did not point his efforts to. Bill Gates has done some pretty fantastic things and changed the world in similar ways even. I do hope he gets his due, and before he's unable to enjoy it. good thing to think about, Jean-Paul, thanks.
Bill Gates has also had an enormous impact on the world (and I, too, applaud his amazingly generous humanitarian aid and global consciousness raising efforts with his charitable foundations after
his professional work was finished.

But a distinction that I think most people are referencing (at least unconsciously) in their tributes is that Steve Jobs always has had a very, very strong aesthetic mixed in with his
business efforts.

The look of Apple products; their ergonomic appeal; their conscious attempt at ease of usage (even when, to me it's irritating because they become increasingly difficult to customize) have all
been a huge aspect of his contribution.

I don't think this single aspect can be overestimated.

Their has always been a sense of style, grace and beauty associated with his career.

In a world that seems increasingly complex and perplexing, his aesthetic vision has been like
a cool refreshing shower.

I'll forgive him that his computers run really hot.
I'll even most likely by a PC laptop the next time I"m forced to, but
I really do get and appreciate where his heart has been the entire time.
When you talk about billionaires,  that says a hell of a lot.

Rick