Re: Octotrack versus Live

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Antony Hequet <antony.hequet@orange.fr>
wrote:
> How do you Live guys switch pieces without turning techie?

I really don't regard myself an Ableton Live Guys, but I have indeed
used Live on a laptop for some concerts. My way of switching pieces is
to kick a pedal.

That pedal is assigned to Scene Down. I have a second assigned to
Scene Up and then I third to Launch Scene. That's it. I double up
those pedals with mixer buttons for hands that does the same three
things, in case it turns out more convenient to do it that way.

With Scenes you can change both tempo and time measure that way with
just one pedal kick. My system is that certain scenes start songs and
then I put whatever needed in between - oh, I should tell that I only
work in the Session View when playing live.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen