Re: Do We Perceive Beauty in an Unexpected Context

p.s. My point was that the context(s) in which we find ourselves lead us to have certain expectations about what we may encounter. If you go to Carnegie Hall, you're fairly certain you're getting ready to see "art" (whether it's good or bad is another question...."Art is served here".) When you go into the metro station, you're probably not expecting any such thing.

Jeff