OT: Quick bit of Reaper help...

Due to Dennis reminding me, Reaper is a nice program. I have never used it for midi synths however... and was wondering if a Reaper guru exists here.

I managed to click a icon on a channel to open a VST or AU, selected NI Kore.. played a bit, hit record, recorded a bit.. but when I tried to play back, nothing... silence.... the routing in Reaper is a tad over-complex, but probably powerful.
Im trawling thru the manual as we speak (400 pages) but hoping for a heads-up. Just how to record a midi item and play it back
Answer OFF list if you prefer?

Thanks you clever folk!

Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com