How do you all do pitch shifting in performance?

I'd love to hear how you all accomplish pitch shifting in live
performance.  I've tried it with Mobius, but I get a lot of cutting.
Maybe my Macbook Pro isn't fast enough? (2.4Ghz, 4MB, SDD)

At any rate, how do you all do it most easily?  Pedals?  is there a plugin
for Mainstage that I can get to do pitch shifting?

It's great here in Santa Cruz, by the way, at the Live Looping Festival.
If any of you are here, please introduce yourself to me.  I'm the guy with
the brown hat, black glasses, stunning good looks.  Well, two out of three
of those are true.

Michael Carlson
TripleOhNine